If you are running a small business that depends on online traffic, then you may have a few contents interesting in this article. there is no denying the fact that SEO is becoming an integral and important part of any digital marketing campaign. as more numbers of small business turn online because of the evolving situation, they would like to know the meaning, scope and definition of SEO. further, they also would be keen on getting the right answer to the question if SEO services are worth it. we will look at the various aspects of SEO services for small business establishments. we believe that we will be able to find answers to some lingering doubts and questions pertaining to search engine optimisation in the context of small businesses.
this is one of the most common questions that keep coming in the minds of small and medium sized entrepreneurs. they wonder if it makes sense to invest time, money and effort in SEO. this is a relevant question and doubt that lingers in the minds of many. those who follow the latest in SEO and digital marketing worlds will be aware of certain points. the algorithms of google keep changing regularly and without notice.
in such situations, many of us ask the question if paid advertising could be a better option. while a school of thought believes that SEO has outlived its utility, major sections of people still believe that SEO still is extremely important and relevant. however, it all boils down to as what you expect from SEO as a small businessperson. only then will be you able to find the right answers to the question as to whether SEO services are worth the money, time and effort.
many people consider SEO to be a static product. this is not true and it also would be wrong to consider that SEO is a magic wand that could give the right answer and solution to all your business issues and problems. as a small businessperson, you must know that SEO is a science. it is a practice that evolves on a continuous basis. further, it does require human element and intervention for notice, monitoring and correcting trends, patterns and the potential pitfalls and challenges. to understand the importance or otherwise of SEO services, it is important to find understand the important and qualitative factors. this will help the end users to know if SEO indeed is worth the investment.
we spend money, time and effort on SEO with the hope and belief that it will help to increase the bottom line. however, this will not happen by default. all the factors should be in place and they should be aligned properly. SEO on its own may not directly influence the revenue of small businesses. it has been proven to be a powerful and strong indirect factor. it has a proven track record of being in a position to general fresh revenue streams and opportunities.
the main purpose and objective of SEO service is to drive organic traffic. your website thrives and grows only on traffic and any good seo campaign helps in making this possible. it helps your website to stand out in search engine rankings. it also aims at providing the right user experience. with millions of websites out there, user experience is extremely critical. it helps the users to stay hooked to a website for a longer period of time. that is the reason why Google has tweaked its ranking factor by giving importance to website speed.
if you wish to get the best out of your SEO campaign, you must ensure a few things. make sure that your website is in a position to handle organic traffic and then have it funnelled for a sale. you also should understand the importance of the call to action and provide your contact information. without these, your organic traffic will go waste and you will not be able to get the desired results.
which is better, organic traffic or paid traffic
we often hear about terms like organic traffic and paid traffic. there is quite a bit of debate going on out there on the subject matter. there are a group of people who believe that traffic that comes fast is good traffic. others believe in quality rather than quantity. there are a few others, who think that cheap traffic the way forward. hence, you have to decide on these three factors:
* speedy traffic
* high-quality traffic
* cost of traffic
if you want fast results it may not be advisable to go in for SEO. this is because SEO has a normal gestation period and it cannot be hurried or rushed through. if you are keen on speed rather than quality, then you would be better off going in for PPC. this is because when you run a SEO campaign on your website, you are planning to increase popularity. this takes time and will not happen overnight.
people no longer trust ads blindly. many users have become blind to online advertisements and they believe that it is irritating. they have started making extensive use of ad blockers and this defeats the very purpose of running ad campaigns like PPC. in such cases, as a small online business entity, you need to look for quality and this is where seo could come in handy. research has shown those information seekers will be happier spending time on information that comes out of organic results because they believe that it has more trust element in it.
it is all about being in a position to target the right keywords on your landing page. your page and the content therefore should provide value and stimulate the visitor to spend more time on your website. this is the key not only to drive traffic but also increase conversions because organic traffic offers better conversion ratios when compared to paid traffic and paid visitors.
when we consider the above and look at in the right perspective, there are a few things that stand out. yes, there is no denying the fact that SEO continues to be extremely important. if the quality is your focus as a small businessman you must always focus on search engine optimisation.
let us now spend some time understanding the pros and cons of using SEO services for small business establishments. we are sure that it will help the readers and prospective small businesspersons to understand SEO from the right perspective. while there are many advantages in using SEO, it does have some downsides and it will be wrong to brush the same under the carpet.
advantages of SEO for small businesses
* SEO will help small businesses to get a continuous flow of targeted and free traffic. it is the best source and best bet for tapping in the humungous number of searches that keep happening on the internet on a daily basis.
* it will help small businesses to connect with people and prospective customers who are in search of the right solution.
* it is capable of generating the right amount and right quality of traffic. this increases the chance of conversions.
* SEO can help in business growth and also increase your overall ROI. the spending that you make as a small businessman may yield much better results when compared to other forms of digital marketing including google ads and PPC.
* experts and many end-users believe that SEO can help set the end-users as the authority in their respective niches. we need to understand that a successful website is not just about having a quality landing page and other such useful things. it is about being able to create the right content, choosing of the right keyword and other such things. all these are possible only when you have a good SEO strategy in place. any other form of marketing efforts may not work for small businesspersons.
* SEO results take time, patience and perseverance. overnight results cannot be expected. at best SEO can be a medium-term marketing strategy even for the smallest of businesses.
* while ROI will be better, this also will happen over a period of time. the leads will not just keep overflowing in a few weeks or conversions will not happen overnight. this may not always favour small businesses in a competitive business world.
* substantial investment may be required for a niche that is competitive. you will have to spend money on being in a position to attract the right backlinks and also for being in a position to produce the right content. this becomes all the more relevant if the niche that you are working on is crowded and competitive.
* 1st-page ranking cannot be taken for granted because SEO does not and cannot offer such guarantees.
we hope that the above would have given the right insight and perspective to all those small businesspersons who are looking for the right digital marketing campaigns. in today’s world, where PPC and paid ads are becoming popular, there is no doubt that SEO services still continue to be the best bet for small businesses who have a limited budget to play around with. it is the best option who believes that quality is more important than quantity.